Buzz, Buzz, Buzzfeed
Hello, y'all. I'm taking the time out of my busy schedule of watching The Defenders on Netflix to let you know that there's a fun Buzzfeed article about my book. What's that? I'm taking time out of doing nothing to convince you to buy my book? Insane. I'm basically a martyr.
Now that I'm here, though, I'll throw in some of my thoughts about The Defenders. Y'know, just so you guys feel like you got your money's worth by clicking on this.
- I sure do love the four Defenders: Jessica, Luke, Matt, and Claire. And honorary Defender, Trish Walker.
- Danny Rand whom??????
- (Honestly, though, why is Iron Fist even here??? And why is he at the center of this???)
- Jessica Jones' snark is perfect and one of the only reasons I am continuing on with this show.
- I saw on Twitter a lot of people saying that the first few episodes were slow and I was like, huh I don't feel that way.
- I then realized that I only felt that way because I skipped all of Danny Rand's solo scenes for the first few episodes.
- HONESTLY, how are Trish and Jessica not a couple?
- No, I'm serious. Even the actress who plays Jessica Jones thought she and Trish were exes when she first read the pilot. Let Trish be Hellcat and let them be the superhero power couple they deserve to be.
- So, if I make it to the end of The Defenders and Jessica and Trish STILL aren't together, then I will be livid.
- (I already know I'm just setting myself up for disappointment. It's fine. Everyone's got their self-destructive ways. Let me have mine.)