Fall TV is (Almost) Back & So Am I
So, I apologize for my absence YET AGAIN. I am blaming my houseguests. They want to do awful things like hang out with me, take me to dinner, see movies, and enjoy my company??? What kind of MONSTERS?!?!?!?!!?!?! Anyway, my mother, who is now calling herself my manager, harassed me into writing this blog. Am I not allowed to be on vacation?? Apparently, not. I even have to go to work on my birthday. What a sick world we live in.
Speaking of my birthday, it's tomorrow. Wooooooooooooooo!!
And, as a birthday present, Freeform gifted me with the news of two more seasons of The Bold Type! Wow! They shouldn't have. (They should've. The world deserves it. I deserve it.) Netflix put the newest season of Schitt's Creek up and I've been watching an episode or so a night after
the old folks my parents have gone to bed. But seriously, if you're not watching Schitt's Creek, fix that ASAP. For me. In the name of my birthday.
What else to talk aboutttttttttttt?
My mom and I saw Battle of the Sexes today. For all those keeping track at home, that's twice in less than a week for me. Yes, it's that good. No, you shouldn't be listening to those straight white dude reviewers. I can't wait for airlines to try and edit out the gay love story of this movie like they did with Carol. I know it's coming.
We went to Disneyland the other day and ate bacon cheddar cheese soup out of a Boudin sourdough bread bowl. Was that the best birthday present I received? No, no. My parents bought me a 30-roll pack of toilet paper, so what more could I truly want??
Because I'm sure you're all on pins and needles, the answer is yes, I WILL be back to critiquing Supergirl once it comes back on Monday. I can't wait for the writers to somehow simultaneously write off half of the engaged gay couple without killing her. Genuinely cannot wait for the pride of National City, Lena Luthor, to return to my television set.
Also, is there any show you'd like me to watch and critique?? I know most of you guys don't respond to these requests, but I'm still gonna throw them out there. Here are the shows I plan on watching. I think, as of right now, the only show I plan on consistently doing write-ups about is Supergirl, but I'm open to requests and suggestions.
- Supergirl (Remember when we all thought Mon-el was banished for good??? Remember when I had hope????)
- The Flash (They keep saying that this season will fix what season three broke and I really hope that's true. Seasons 1 & 2 were so charming.)
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (I hope this show keeps up the sweetness of season 2 because I was enamored. Also, Sara Lance for lyfe.)
- The Good Place (This has already started and I love it. Truly. Has not let me down.)
- Broad City (Again, this one's already started and it hasn't let me down. @Abbi Jacobson: Marry me.)
- Dynasty (Listen, I love the original Dynasty. It is a MESS. I feel like it'll be hard to recreate this masterpiece, but will I hate watch it?? Y.E.S.)